The Liebster Blog Award
I've only been blogging for a month or so, and I really enjoy doing it. I just wish I had more time to spend on it, but I enjoy thinking about what subjects and images to share, I like writing more than I thought I would and above all, there's a real warm and supportive community out there! It simply is so nice to share.
I'd never heard about the Liebster Blog Award, but I was surprised and honoured that I got nominated, not just once but twice for it! That really is so encouraging. Thank you Lena from Mina Moka blog and Heidi from Velvet Lamb blog!
So what is Liebster Blog Award? I've tried to find out a bit more about the award, but having spent some time on Google, it seems to be a bit of a mystery as I can really only find links to people who have won the award themselves. What I do know is that it is an award for blogs with under 200 followers and that it aims to give small blogs more exposure. "Liebster" means "beloved" in German and a blog nominated for this award is "worth watching". So the bottom-line is that it is a really nice way to promote small blogs!
There are a few rules (there is quite a lot to this post, so I'll forgive you if you speed-read throughout some of it!):
- Post 11 random things about myself.
- Answer the 11 questions Lena & Heidi asked me.
- Nominate 11 more up & coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (I'm not sure how you know, but hey...), notify them and link them to my post.
- Create 11 new questions for these bloggers to answer.
- Tag backs not allowed.
So firstly, 11 random things about myself:
I have a sweet tooth / I grew up on a dairy farm in Holland / I studied Economics in Amsterdam / I'm a mother of 2 gorgeous little girls / I love making things with my hands / I always have fresh flowers in the house / I know very little of films / I don't mind spiders / I love hunting for bargains at car boot sales or vintage fairs / I married an Englishman / my 2 brothers and I all live in different countries
Then my answer's to Lena:
- If you could pick any city in the world to live in for one year - which one would that be? Sydney. I love the city and could visit my brother in Melbourne more.
- Coffee or tea? Both. Love coffee, but have anglicised and like my tea too.
- Which sense is more important to you: sight or hearing? 100% Sight. I have a photographic memory, but really have to concentrate when I need to listen to something. I was dreadful at my language hearing exams at school.
- What is your most annoying habit? Biting my nails... I have anything but elegant and manicured hands...
- Pick a movie: Fiction or documentary? Fiction. I don't watch many films, but love a good story line in a movie.
- What was your favorite book as a child? The Witches by Roald Dahl. Was particularly fascinated by the square feet without toes.
- What is your favorite book today? I don't get round to reading many books, but I loved The Kite Runner by Kahled Hosseini
- How many close friends do you have? About 5 I would say.
- Do you like questionnaires? Depends if they're too long!
- You have won one million (Dollars, Euros, whatever...) in the lottery- and now? Money doesn't always give happiness, but I'd buy a lovely old quintessentially English house that is currently up for sale in our village with loads of character and in need of a lot of work (beautiful large panelled hallway, in fact, I fell in love with the house because of the hallway) but my husband doesn't like it and we can't afford it, so I would buy him the latest Porsche 911 and build an oak frame garage in the large back garden to convince him... And I'd also buy a lovely little house in Holland close to where my parents and brother live, so we'd have a pied-à-terre there too. Gosh, that's quite a lot, isn't it?!?
- How are you today? Busy, sometimes too busy, but very happy. I've made "Work smarter, not harder" my motto.
Then my answer's to Heidi (Hope you're not bored yet!!):
- Best vacation ever? Honeymoon to Thailand and Cambodia
- When do you feel inspired? When something catches my eye. Difficult to say really.
- Who do you admire most? I do admire Holly Becker for how she's carved her own career and managed to make a living out of what she loves doing. Now I've met her she really is a lovely lady with a warm personality, just like she writes, yet she has a good business head screwed on. (I've met good business women who are not always so lovely!) And she seems to have endless energy.
- What would be your perfect day? A lazy one without a list of things to do in my head or without having to watch the clock and simply enjoy spending time with my children and my husband.
- Are you quiet or outgoing? In between. I like socialising and voicing my opinion, but also like my own space.
- Where do you like to blog from? At home in a quiet space.
- Favorite ethnic food? Thai, although not too spicy!
- What do you love knowing lots about? I would love to know lots more about photography and graphic design.
- Favorite color? I don't have any in particular, but I am not a fan of yellow and orange. I tend to go for whites, greys and do like dusky pink.
- Are you on the dance floor or do you prefer to observe the dancing? On the dance floor for sure!!
- Morning or night person? Definitely morning. After 10pm my brain doesn't work properly anymore. What a lucky husband I have - I'm always the one up with the girls early in the morning!
And here are my lovely nominees:
- Bettie & Frank
- Little Miss Tweedie Bird
- My Little Ginger Wedding
- With love from Sam
- Mischief Flapjacks Pantone & Me
- Because It's Beautiful
- Ard's catch 22
- Room to Bloom
- Her Indoors
And these are my 11 questions for them:
- What would you like to learn more about?
- Best experience in the past year?
- Favourite Shop?
- Who would you like to be in a different life?
- What is your biggest wish?
- What does comfort mean to you?
- Favourite car?
- Most loved item?
- What does your ideal house look like?
- Favourite holiday destination?
- Chocolate or Crisps?
Well, congratulations, you've made it!! Thank you for your perseverance and please do
try and have a look at the other nominee's blogs.